Vacancy: Litigation Fee Earner
We’re looking for talented, confident, hardworking and highly motivated individuals to join our exciting, friendly and expanding Litigation Team. Your role will be to provide outstanding legal advice and services to our clients. We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic candidate who has a genuine desire for a career in law.
You will need to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, an ability to cope with responsibility and the desire to immediately add value to the firm.
- Be familiar with the civil litigation process.
- Be able to manage a case load of issued claim matters from inception to finish with minimal supervision.
- To progress your caseload in a way to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and balanced legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- Dealing with all types – Fast track and Multi-track cases.
- Reviewing all evidence and establishing prospects of success
- Reviewing and valuing injury claims
- Preparing witness statements
- Drafting various relevant court documents
- To prepare and draft legal proceedings required from the issue of a claim form until conclusion at a Hearing/Trial and deal with court directions.
- Dealing with applications and court hearings
- Negotiating settlement
- making use of the firm’s Case Management System and using the agreed internal procedures and practices to achieve settlement.
- Background of dealing with Litigated claims, ideally motorcycle and personal injury in civil litigation
- Experience of working within a law firm
- Excellent negotiator with strong communication skills.
- Competent working with a case management system and have a good knowledge of MS Office and have used Outlook.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver quality service to clients and the firm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Sophie Holdsworth firstname.lastname@example.org.