New Vacancy: Litigation Executive – Personal Injury / Civil Litigation
We are seeking an experienced, hardworking and confident litigation solicitor / executive to join our well respected, friendly and expanding litigation department.
Your role will be to provide astute and thorough legal advice and services to our well established client base – we are looking for a driven, enthusiastic and ambitious candidate who has a genuine desire to succeed with our office.
You will need to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, an ability to cope with responsibility and the desire to immediately add value to the firm.
You will be required to participate in network and marketing events to promote the firm and generate new sources of work.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate a high billing record as the firm will provide KPI’s for this role relating to settlement and quarterly billings.
- Be familiar with the civil litigation process.
- Be familiar with holiday illness matters, accidents abroad, personal injury matters, motorbike accidents, debt recovery and civil litigation.
- Be able to manage a case load of issued claim matters from inception to settlement with minimal supervision.
- To progress your caseload in a way to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and balanced legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- Dealing with all types – Small track, Fast track and Multi-track cases.
- Comply with all directions.
- Reviewing all evidence and establishing prospects of success
- Reviewing and valuing injury claims
- Preparing witness statements
- Drafting various relevant court documents
- To prepare and draft legal proceedings required from the issue of a claim form until conclusion at a Hearing/Trial and deal with court directions.
- Dealing with applications and court hearings
- Negotiating settlement
- making use of the firm’s Case Management System and using the agreed internal procedures and practices to achieve settlement.
- Background of dealing with, personal injury matters, motorbike accidents, debt recovery and civil litigation.
- An understanding and experience of holiday illness and accidents abroad an advantage but not essential
- Experience of working within a law firm
- Excellent negotiator with strong communication skills.
- Competent working with a case management system and have a good knowledge of MS Office and have used Outlook.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver quality service to clients and the firm.
- Working as part of a team to ensure all court directions complied with.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.