Coronavirus: Separated Families and Contact with Children in Care FAQs


The House of Commons have released responses to some of the frequently asked questions regarding separated families and contact during the coronavirus pandemic. This covers:

  • Can children move between the homes of separated parents?
  • How should parents comply with a court-orders for contact?
  • How are child maintenance payments impacted?
  • Can I visit my child in care/residential home?
  • My child contact centre is closed: What alternatives are being made?
  • Where can I go for help and advice?

To download the guide please click here.

If you require further advice please contact Craig Baldwin on 01282 695400 or email