Farnworth Rose seek Conveyancer to join our team
Job Title: Solicitor / Conveyancing Executive (Legal Executive / Licensed Conveyancer / Paralegal)
Department: Residential Conveyancing
Hours: 37 hours per week – Full Time
Main Purpose of Job
- To work competently as a conveyancer in the Residential Conveyancing Department.
- To support the firm in
growing its client base and the profile of the Barrowford office through the
promotion and delivery of an excellent service and by getting involved with the
business development through:
- Contributing ideas to the firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives.
- Networking within the local business community and with key referral sources in order to develop and grow the profile of the Farnworth Rose Barrowford office.
- Contributing to regular articles for submission to local publications/firm’s website.
Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks
- To handle residential property transactions from the initial client contact through to completion.
- Find an appropriate solution for prospective residential property clients and convert into new business for the firm.
- Draft contracts for freehold and leasehold sales.
- Deal with matter related enquiries.
- To be fully conversant with both registered and unregistered conveyancing work.
- Identify title issues, raising/dealing with enquiries, for both registered and unregistered titles in both sale and purchase matters.
- Deal with all aspects of re-mortgage transactions.
- Deal with all aspects of transfer of equity including managing clients and lenders requirements.
- Ensure that we comply with the lenders’ requirements at all times relating to panel membership.
- Draft paperwork to deal with any anomalies arising during conveyancing transactions.
- To proactively identify and initiate additional complementary services to add value to the client’s transaction whether in conveyancing work or for other legal departments across the firm.
- To understand and comply at all times with the obligations set out by the Solicitors Regulations Authority and other relevant regulatory bodies, particularly Outcomes Focused Regulation, Solicitors Accounts Rules and Quality Conveyancing Scheme requirements.
- To provide legal advice and assistance to the Firm’s existing clients whilst developing your own client base.
- To work efficiently as a fee earner within the department with minimal secretarial support.
- To utilise the Firm’s case management system to the best effect in order to manage your caseload.
- To record time and bill clients in line with agreed practice policy and charging rates.
- To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities.
- To exercise your initiative and be proactive in the business development of the firm generally.
- To ensure that outstanding client care is given at all times and to maintain a highly professional approach.
- To assist with the supervision of support staff in their development and training.
- To manage all files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with SRA requirements, the firm’s procedures and the LEXCEL quality mark requirements.
- To undertake colleagues’ file reviews in a timely manner, if required to do so.
- To familiarise yourself with the firm’s staff handbook and health and safety policy.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client’s documentation and/or information.
- To take responsibility for your own personal and professional development and ensure compliance with any compulsory professional education requirements.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work commensurate with the role.
The duties in this job description should be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all employees and is consistent with the firm’s equality and diversity policy.
To apply, please send your CV including a covering letter to email@example.com